We do know that social isolation, frequently washing our hands, and wearing a face mask may help us to avoid getting infected with Covid-19. Yet, there is still one question to answer. How can we enhance our immune system to face any kind of virus?
During the quarantine, experts recommend consuming healthy meals that strengthen the body’s defenses. Foods rich in zinc (pumpkin seeds, peanuts, almonds), iron (fish and tuna), vitamin C (lime, pineapple, strawberry, and watermelon), vitamin B (all the legumes), and honey are highly advisable when it comes to this matter.
So, we couldn’t let the chance of sharing with you these two gorgeous recipes slip away. The best of all, it’s that both gather all the nutrients you must eat to become stronger against viruses.
Eat healthy and staying at home save lives
Fruit mix with Tequila-sauce
Ingredients (for 2 bowls):
- 1 cup of disinfected and chopped strawberries.
- 1 cup of cubed watermelon
- 1 cup of cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup of cubed pineapple
- 1 cup of slightly toasted almonds
- 2 limes
- 2 Oz of tequila Jose Cuervo
- 2 Oz of 100% pure honey
- Mix all the chopped and cubed fruit with the almonds in a big bowl.
- Get the zest of the two limes and put aside.
- In another bowl, carefully mix the lime zest, the tequila, the honey, and the juice of the limes.
- Serve the fruit in individual bowls and shower it with the exquisite tequila sauce.
Ingredients (for 4 toasts):
- 2 tuna steaks
- 3 chives
- ¼ cup of finely minced coriander
- 1 mango
- 1 red or green chili
- 1 chunk of ginger
- 4 limes
- Seasoning sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- Refried beans
- 6 tortilla toasts
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Finely mince the chives (both the white and green parts) the coriander, the mango, the chili, and the ginger. Then, put everything into a bowl.
- If you bought frosted tuna, unfreeze it before you continue. Now, rinse the tuna and cut it into medium cubes.
- Add the chopped tuna to the fruit and vegetable mix.
- Now, squeeze the juice of the 4 limes over the bowl and add 2 tablespoons of seasoning juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Then, carefully mix all the ingredients.
- Let your tuna set for half an hour in the fridge.
- Finally, put spread a small spoon of refried beans on the tortilla toasts and add a generous amount of tuna. You can garnish your dish with some alfalfa sprouts on the top.
There you go, tartare-tuna toasts!
Who says healthy food isn’t delicious? Now you got two wonderful recipes to enjoy during the quarantine, there’s no excuse to eat badly. The fruit salad is a perfect snack for a Netflix-and-chill evening with your sweetheart, while the toasts are ideal for a Mexican-dinner night. You can make this experience even better, pairing your dinner with a glass of Aged Jose Cuervo tequila or a cold lager beer.