Now that staying at home is a must, online travelling sounds a great idea. We thus want you to visit Tequila, even though it is in the comfort of your own home. This is a gorgeous spot in the middle of the mountains in Jalisco where, the name-alike beverage is produced, and a Mexican-traditions sanctuary lays.
Despite being one of the most beautiful places in Mexico, there are many rumors about the town. Although some are funny, they don’t always come to be true. So, to avoid misunderstandings, we better scotch some believed ideas about Tequila, Jalisco.
3 fake ideas about Tequila, Jalisco
1.- It’s an isolated spot in the world with nothing to do!
Fake: Many adventures can be lived in Tequila and the towns nearby. Here a list of things you could do:
- Stroll across agave corps
- Explore Tequila’s main square and historic district
- Make a guided visit in La Rojeña Distillery
- Attend a Professional tequila tasting
- Go trekking to Los Azules cascade
- Hike to the top of Tequila’s volcano
- Visit Centro Cultural Juan Beckmann Gallardo
- See Leonora Carrington and Sergio Bustamente’s art in Hacienda El Centenario
- Go on a trip to Guachimontones
- Tour the city on board a bus in shape of a hot pepper, a tequila bottle or a barrel.
Undeniably, you will always find exciting activities to do in Tequila, Jalisco.
2.- It’s super-expensive!
Fake: There’re several on-budget options in Tequila like: Departing from Guadalajara:
- You can get to Tequila by bus for less than 7 USD.
- A taxi or Uber would charge you around 20 bucks for a ride to Tequila.
Now, speaking about accommodation: You could find a hotel room for two for less than 20 USD a night.
What about food?
Besides the several home-cooking restaurants, in the downtown you will find a market with a food court where you could taste the most delicious dishes of Mexican traditional cuisine. Tasty and cheap in one place! You can find meals for less than 5 USD per person.
3.- It’s hotter than the dessert
Fake: Tequila presents a mild climate with an average temperature of 23°celcious or 73° Fahrenheit. Rainy seasons are normally between June and October. Now then, in April and May temperature rises a little bit, but no more than 35° Celsius or 95° Fahrenheit. If you plan to come to tequila during the hot season, we have some advice to you.
- Always carry a bottle of water with you. It’s important to stay hydrated.
- Protect yourself against the sun with a cotton cap or a palm-leaf hat.
- Never forget the sunscreen. You don’t want a sunburn to ruin your vacations, do you?
- Wear comfortable clothing, such as cotton or linen ones. Avoid at all cost heavy and synthetic fabrics.
- Shorts and sandals will become your best friends. Yet, if you prefer sneakers, you can wear them too.
- If you tend to sweat a lot, we highly recommend bringing an extra-T-shirt, just in case.
- Avoid heavy makeup and thick moisturizers.
Undeniably, you can’t live the experience in other people’s shoes. However, you can take other traveler’s opinions and comments as inspiration to visit a new place and get some background. It’s always worthy to read several stories before making your mind. You know, just in case there were a fake rumor. We hope this information was of your interest and see you soon in Tequila. Meanwhile, we only thank you for all your support in the fight against the Coronavirus and, from Tequila, Mexico, we send our warmest good wishes to you.